Our Local History Group was established in 2000 to hold meetings,
research, record, catalogue and publish the history of the local area.
Join us for a small annual membership fee (currently £7.00) and you
• Hear knowledgeable speakers present talks on varied topics
• Learn about the history of the area from the many illustrated
booklets we publish and sell to members at a discount.
• Borrow books from our library. You will find a list here.
• Get to know people with similar interests at one of our monthly
meetings.(Free tea or coffee and biscuits are served at the end
of each meeting.)
• Go on the visits arranged to places of interest.
• Enjoy our annual Christmas lunch at an Eastbourne hotel.
Membership is not restricted to residents of the villages and is open
to anyone interested in our events. Meetings are held on most
months at the Village Hall, Village Green Lane, just off Gilberts Drive
(the road to Birling Gap). Click here for directions.
View our programme for forthcoming events where you can join, or
contact us for more details. Visitors are very welcome at our
meetings but are charged an entrance fee of £3.00.